Selected Solo and Feature Exhibitions
2018 Open Studios, West Sacramento, CA
2017 The Artery, Davis, CA
2017/13/12/11 Archival Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2016 Androvich Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2016/15/14 Highlight Gallery, Mendocino, CA
2015 Pence Gallery, Davis, CA
2014 Morris Graves Museum, Eureka, CA
2014 SMAart Gallery, San Francisco, CA
2014 Fine Eye Gallery, Sutter Creek, CA
2014 Woodland Art Walk, Woodland, CA
2013 Association of Clay and Glass Artists, juried festival, Palo Alto, CA
2012 Adamson Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2012 Sacramento Temporary Contemporary, Sacramento, CA
2011 Arroyo Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
2010 Gallery 625, Woodland, CA
2009 Deer Ridge Vineyards Art Gallery, Livermore, CA
2009 Intel, Corporate Art Exhibition, Folsom, CA
2008/06 Solomon Dubnick Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2008 Sacramento International Airport, Sacramento, CA
2004/03/01 Barton Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2003 Siddhartha Gallery, Kathmandu, Nepal
2003/00 RA Gallery, Chicago, IL
2003 SMUD Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2002 The Art Foundry, Sacramento, CA
2002 California Arts Council, Sacramento, CA
2001 Office of Senator Ortiz, Sacramento, CA
2000 Office of the Attorney General, Sacramento, CA
2000 Hewlett-Packard, Roseville, CA
2000 Sutter Club, Sacramento, CA
1999/98 Michael Himovitz Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1999 Tower Lobby Gallery, Roseville, CA
1998 The Money Store, Corporate Headquarters, Sacramento, CA
1997 The Darkroom Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1996 Roseville Arts Center, Roseville, CA
1996 Working Images Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1996/94 Phantom Galleries, Sacramento, CA
1995 Peach Pit Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1993 California State University, Sacramento, CA
1993 IDEA Gallery, Sacramento, CA
Selected Group Shows and Competitions
2019/18 Dominique Boisjoli Fine Art, Santa Fe, NM
2019/18/17/16 Spirits in the Wind, Golden, CO
2019 Robert T. Matsui Art Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2018 Museum of Northern California Art, Chico, CA
2018 Tim Collom Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2018 Art Party, Sacramento, CA
2018/15/14 Sparrow Gallery Sacramento, CA
2018 SideStreet Gallery, Portland, OR
2018 ArtHouse, Sacramento, CA
2018 Richmond Art Center, Richmond, CA
2018 Big Names Small Art, Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA
2018/17 Highlight Gallery, Mendocino, CA
2017/16/15 Waxlander Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
2017/16/15/14/12/11/10/09/06/03 Pence Gallery, Davis, CA
2016/15/14/13/12/11 John Natsoulas Gallery, Davis, CA
2015 Gallery 625, Woodland, CA
2014/13/12/11 Sacramento Temporary Contemporary, Sacramento, CA
2014/1995 Davis Art Center, Davis, CA
2013 California Clay Competition (juried), The Artery, Davis, CA
2013/12/11 Blue Line Gallery, Roseville, CA
2012/11/10 Gallery Artists Show, Arroyo, Santa Fe, NM
2012/11 California Contemporary Art Collection, California State Capitol, Sacramento
2011 Epperson Gallery, Crocket, CA
2011/10/09/08/07/06/05/98 Solomon Dubnick Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2011/10 Gallery 625, Woodland, CA
2011 Skinner Howard Contemporary Art, Sacramento, CA
2010/09 Cornerstones Noche Feliz Art Auction, Santa Fe, NM
1996-2010 Annual Crocker Museum Art Auction, Sacramento, CA
2009/04 Dorothy Herger Gallery, Fairfield, CA
2007 Yolo County Arts Council, Woodland, CA
2006/02/01/00/99/98 Richard Nelson Gallery, Davis, CA
2006 Toy Room Gallery, Sacramento CA
2004 Appel Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2004/03 Bulhler Center Gallery, Davis, CA
2004/02 Exploding Head Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2004/03/02/01/00/99 The Center for Contemporary Art, Sacramento, CA
2004/03/02 Schumacher Gallery, Clarksburg, CA
2003 Cloyde Snook Gallery, Adams State College, Alamosa, CO
2003 Larson Gallery, Columbia College, MO
2003 Osceola Gallery, Emeryville, CA
2003/02 Elliott Fouts Gallery, Granite Bay, CA
2001/00 Viewpoint Gallery, Sacramento, CA
2000 American River College Art Gallery
1998 750 Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1997 R.A. Gallery, Chicago, IL
1997 be-no photographic gallery, Sacramento, CA
1997 Camera Arts, Sacramento, CA
1996 Kondos Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1995 Arts Benicia, Benicia, CA
1995 Gunnar Nordstrom Gallery, Kirkland, WA
1995 Davis Art Center, Davis, CA
1995 Focus Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1994/93 Sacramento Fine Arts Center, Carmichael, CA
1994 Viewpoint Gallery, Sacramento, CA
1992 Working Images Gallery, Sacramento, CA
Selected Public Art Collections
California Museum Resource Center, State of New Mexico, National Association of Realtors Headquarters, Kaiser-Permanente Medical Buildings, Hinsdale Hospital, First Midwest Bank, Woodland Medical Center (FL), Elkay Manufacturers Corporate Headquarters, Loyola University, University of California, Hewlett-Packard, The Money Store, Bank of Sacramento, USAA Real Estate Corporate Office, Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, and County Primary Care Clinic.
Selected Awards & Grants
California State Exposition, California State Senate Contemporary Art Collection, James Irvine Foundation, New Mexico Arts, Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission, Studio Art Visit, YoloArts
Selected Corporate Commissions
2 East Erie (Chicago Condo Complex), Embassy Suites, Capitol Towers, Oglivy Worldwide, Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, and Mid-West Bank.
Selected Public Art Grants & Commissions
• Commissioned to create a semi-permanent community-built mandala
constructed of natural materials from local farms.
• New Mexico Purchase Award of painting for state public artwork collection
• Commissioned to create a collection of 25 artworks for rotating display in the
Sacramento Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant buildings.
• Commissioned to create of an exhibition of artworks to commemorate
Sacramento’s 150th birthday.
• Included in “71: Portraits of Women Artists,” Kurt Edward Fishback, 2017.
• “GrowYolo, West Sacramento Community Built Mandala,” YoloArts, 2012.
• “Breaking Out 25 Artists,” SixteenSixteen, Magazine, September 2013.
• “Paula Bellacera,” Ceramics Now, Magazine, 2012.
• “Paula Wenzl Bellacera Interview,” SixteenSixteen, Magazine, January 2012.
• Juried international visual arts publication, Studio Art Visit, volume 14, 2011.
• “A Sense of Place to Have a Home,” The Sacramento Bee, July 1, 2011.
• “The Hypnotic Allure of Local Landscape,” The Davis Enterprise, March 27, 2003.
• “Blending Art Forms,” Camera Arts, August, 1999.
• “Buildings on the Boulevard,” Uptown Arts, March 1998.
• “A Thousand Words,” Sacramento Magazine, June 1997.
• “A Short Retrospective History of Paula Wenzl,” On The Town, August 1996.
• “Aimless Ramblings,” The Roseville Press-Tribune, July 5, 1996.
• “Visual Sensations,” About Art, July 1995.
• “Paula Wenzl Shows Impressions About Town,” Inside East Sacramento, April 1996.
• “Artist Finds Sacramento Rich in Icons,” East Sac News, April 4, 1996.
• “Window to the World,” The State Hornet, September 28, 1993.
• Bringing Hope to a Hopeless World: Creating and Preserving Women’s
History,1993, Sacramento, Boonwood Publishing. An anthology of women’s
art and literature.
• 100 Years 100 Artists, Kondos Gallery, Sacramento, CA.
• Paula Bellacera, Rabbits & Raptors 2015, Pence Gallery, Davis, CA.
• Paula Bellacera, Taking Flight 2014, The Morris Graves Museum of Art, Eureka, CA.
• California Clay Competition 2013, The Artery, Davis, CA.
• Plates, Totems & Teapots Invitational and CeramACon 2013, Blue Line Gallery,
Roseville, CA .
• Plates, Totems & Teapots, Roseville, 2012, Blue Line Gallery.
• California Contemporary Art Collection, California State Capitol, 2011.
• Flatlanders, Davis, 2006, The Richard Nelson Gallery. Exhibition catalog.
• Sacramento Interiors, Sacramento, 2006, Solomon Dubnick Press.
University of California, Davis - Graphic Design Program
California State University, Sacramento - Art and Photography coursework
Sacramento City College - Art and Photography coursework
Various art seminars and workshops
California State University, Sacramento
BA Psychology, minor Biology
BA Women’s Studies
Tulane University, New Orleans
MS Experimental Psychology
Ph.D. Experimental Psychology2018